Things I respect about the Koreans and Japanese are their hardworking skills and loyalty to their country. If you didn’t know, both countries have to rebuild their homeland after the war. They may have to leave and seek work to other countries, but they always went back to help rebuild their country. Their economy got better and we saw the tremendous improvement of hard work,loyalty, and sacrifice they have made not only for their own benefit but for their entire nation.
Today, I read the articles on what is happening in Germany and hate crime is also now spreading there because of too many refugees from Africa, East Europe, and Middle East. I understand the concern of most citizen there since not all refugees wanted to work there because of the benefits they actually get from the government. I know this because I once had a friend who was a refugee and told me that like everyone,there are people who are born lazy to work.
So, are these people still or really loyal to their country?My answer to that is simple. If these people from other nation think like the Koreans and Japanese back then, they might not need to leave their own country forever and treated as parasites for being a refugee. If they are truly loyal to their country ,they would go back and help rebuild their nation just like the Koreans and Japanese people. But of course, it is also not up to these people but their government is also involved for their country’s future. I just pray that someday, they learn on how to love and look after their country ,stop the war and killing their own kind. Moreover, not just to think of their own benefit. Remember,corruption is everywhere except it is less visible from other countries that are still rich. Nothing wrong with helping or seeking help as long as the people who seek help and you helped, do the same.
Pancit Bihon Guisado is another popular cuisine in our family, especially in our culture.It is commonly serve during special occasions or gatherings. There are many variations of Pancit, but my favorite of all Pancit is the Pancit Bihon Guisado. Not only it is very easy and simple to prepare but also the ingredients are healthy and affordable. So, what is exactly Pancit Bihon Guisado?
Pancit Bihon or Pansit Bihon Guisado is a type of noodle dish which makes use of thin rice noodles known as bihon. The Chinese introduced pancit to the Filipinos – from then on, it has been a favorite noodle dish among the locals. It is said that noodles symbolizes long life; for this reason, pancit bihon and other types of pancit are served during birthday parties and special gatherings.
The name Pancit bihon guisado pertains to how pancit bihon is cooked. Guisado or Gisado means to sauté; this describes the dish wherein the thin rice noodles are sautéed with pork or chicken, shrimp, vegetables (such as carrots, snow peas or snap peas, and cabbage), soy sauce, and other special ingredients.
- 1 (8 ounce) package rice noodles, bihon
- 1 lb chicken breast and pork, cut into cubed or thin slices
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 5 garlic gloves, minced
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 pc chicken cube or broth (knorr)
- 3 to 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup green onion(optional)
lime or lemon slice (optional)
- In a large pot heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium high heat, Saute the garlic and onion
- Add the pork and chicken then let cook for 2 minutes
- Add the chicken cube and water then simmer for 15 minutes
- Put in the carrots, and cabbage, and simmer for a few minutes
- Remove all the ingredients in the pot except for the liquid and set them aside
- In the pot with the liquid in, add the soy sauce,terriyaki sauce and mix well
- Add the pancit bihon (makes sure to first soak it in water for about 10 minutes) and mix well. Cook until liquid evaporates completely
- Put-in the vegetables and meat that were previously cooked and simmer for a minute or two
- Serve with the green onions and lime or lemon juice from the lime or lemon slices.Share and enjoy!
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Filipino cuisine, pancit or pansit are noodles. Noodles were introduced into the Philippines by the Chinese and have since been adopted into local cuisine. The term pancit is derived from the Hokkienpian i sit (Chinese: 便ê食; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: piān-ê-si̍t or Chinese: 便食; pinyin: biàn shí) which literally means “convenient food.” Different kinds of noodles can be found in Filipino supermarkets which can then be cooked at home. Noodle dishes are also standard fare in local restaurants. Food establishments specializing in noodles are often referred to as panciterias.
Nancy Reyes Lumen of the Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism writes that according to food lore handed down from the Chinese, noodles should be eaten on one’s birthday. They are commonly served at birthday celebrations and Chinese restaurants in the Philippines often have “birthday noodles” listed on their menus. However, she warns that since “noodles represent long life and good health; they must not be cut short so as not to corrupt the symbolism.”
Our world is constantly changing.We either embrace and accept it or protest to stand up for what we believe others should also believe. No matter what we do or say, we cannot please or force everyone to be on the same boat. It will be a big miracle if we do,then there will be no new discoveries, motivation,competition, or even new knowledge to gain if everyone agree to everything. Life was designed to be colorful,means obstacles, pain, love, and temptations were already been there since the time God created us.
Gender Identity Curriculum Angers Parents in VirginiaWARNING: These 8th graders will soon be receiving lessons on “oral and anal” sex. Fourth graders will receive instruction about incest. The goal is to teach students about homosexual, bisexual, and transgender identity.”Starting in kindergarten, students will be taught about same-sex or gay marriage and the parents will not be able to opt out,” Andrea Lafferty, president of the Traditional Values Coalition, told CBN News.MORE: http://go.cbn.com/877**Please join us in praying for the public school system. This new curriculum could be coming to your neighborhood.
Posted by CBN News on Thursday, June 11, 2015
As a mom, wife, and a friend ,I always talk to my son and explain him pretty much everything about genders,sexuality,incest,and religion. Yes, he knows the word vagina,penis, and incest. He knows how baby were made as well! Is this makes me a bad parent?No! It is just how you teach them and explain to them the reality to protect and prepare them. Again,it is how you explain it to them ,but if you are unsure on how to choose the right word to formulate your sentence to their level of understanding without sounding it pervertive, then maybe you should start talking to a counselor first before you attempt explaining things like this to your child. I taught him about God and how we were made but I also explain to him the difference now that was not mentioned in the bible such gender identity. He also understands that God said go and multiply,during the time that the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve have to populate but in the present this is not the case because it will be considered Incest. As long as you are confident to talk to your child between what is right and wrong, real and not, and what is acceptable and what is unacceptable, your child will be more ready ,engaged , respectful, and wiser. This can also help them not to bully or not be bullied. It is important they know their limits and where they should stand. Knowledge is the key for them to succeed and be more responsible. Remember, learning always starts from home and schools are tools or resources where they can expand their knowledge.
I can vividly remember the very first day I have to switch my baby to solid food. I was very worried if he will eat it or if he is even ready yet.Introducing solids to your baby can be both exciting and intimidating, but feeling confident and ready can help take some of the anxiety out of those first meals.At this point, you may have a plan or are confused because you have received too much advice from family and friends with different opinions to help you prepare for your baby’s transition to solid food.When you read my previous blog about Colic baby. I have mentioned the new parent support that we used, and helped me a lot about almost everything with my baby and during my entire pregnancy.So, when exactly to expect it? Mostly babies are ready to start solids between 4 and 6 months. The American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends the 6-month mark as the best time to start a baby on solid foods, since by then a baby’s digestive system has developed the enzymes necessary to digest a greater variety of foods.Your infant should be able to sit with support and have good neck and head control.
Start with single ingredient solids first. Wait 2-3 days between each new food to ensure there is no allergic reaction. If your baby develops a rash, vomiting or diarrhea, seek guidance from your pediatrician.If you are a fun of Gerber, they have guides on every product that they have for your baby. I highly recommend those yogurt melts and puff for a starter.(Always read label and instructions before giving it to your baby.)When your baby is interested in solid food, chances are she or he won’t be shy about letting you know. Now, here is a short video that will give you peace of mind direct from the Expert: Dr. David Hill
When I first had my baby, we were living million miles away from our parents. I am thankful, that the army provided us new parent support to make it a little easier to know about parenting. I learned about pretty much everything from feeding,bathing ,and even dealing with colicky baby.We all know that all babies cry, but two out of every ten babies will be affected by colic. Colic is an inconsolable crying in an otherwise healthy baby that has bouts of fussiness and irritability. While the condition is completely harmless to the baby, it can make parents want to pull their hair out or start crying themselves.
WHAT IS COLIC?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Infant colic (also known as baby colic and three-month colic) is a condition in which an otherwise healthy baby cries or screams often and for extended periods, without any discernible reason. The condition typically appears within the first two weeks of life and almost invariably disappears, often very suddenly, before the baby is three to four months old. It is more common in bottle-fed babies, but also occurs in breast-fed infants. The crying frequently occurs during a specific period of the day, often in the early evening.
Until now the causes of infant colic are unclear, with theories including hypersensitive nerves in the gut causing pain or an imbalance of bacteria in the bowel producing too much gas. Parents have been accused of over-anxiety, family tension or not enough parent-infant interaction. There were lots of ideas,but bottom line, we still don’t know. Colic is a temporary, benign condition which will end. Colic is a time-limited condition, highly responsive to placebo, and sooner or later, one of the calming measures will work. The trouble with treating colic is that not much is known about it. Medics define it as prolonged crying spells in an otherwise healthy and thriving baby.The secret is how to cope until the natural time limit for colic is reached. Cope, not cure.
So, I have gathered some ideas that is very easy and helpful to handle colic baby.
- COLIEF INFANT DROPS-Newborn sometimes have difficulty digesting the lactose found in breast and formula milk. Colief drops contain lactase, a naturally occurring enzyme which helps break it down the lactose.
- Try using a baby swing
- Hold your baby and walk or dance around with him or her. Babies need lots of contact and like the movement.
- WINDING-Regular burping during and after a feed will help prevent the wind becoming trapped in the bowels causing discomfort.
- BABY MASSAGE-If your baby is really unsettled, try giving him or her a gentle tummy massage, moving your hands in a clockwise direction (following the direction of your baby’s intestines) which encourages the trapped wind to move the right way. Remember, babies are human like us. As much as we like getting a nice soothing anti stress massage, your baby also deserve your motherly soothing touch to ease discomfort.
- SWADDLING-This never gets old.Old practice which involves wrapping your baby in a sheet, blanket or specially designed swaddled with arms pinned to their sides – preventing the startle reflex – and is thought to induce sleep and soothe excessive crying and colic.
- SIDE POSITIONING-Try keeping them on their side, rolled a little bit toward the stomach while calming them.Putting a crying baby down on his back often stimulates the moro reflex which results in more crying. (However don’t allow your baby to sleep tummy down, which increase the risk of SIDS.)
- SUCK-Let him or her suck. Bring on the pacifier, your baby’s own hand or a parents finger and let then suck to self regulate and sooth.Babies have a God given desire to suck, which is independent of their need for nutrition. Sucking is one of the most potent forms of infant self soothing. Research shows that fetuses as young as 20 weeks can sooth themselves in the womb by sucking their thumbs. Even premature infants cry and fuss less when they can rest their hand on their cheek or put it into their mouth.
Lastly, Bathe your baby – the warm water may be comforting since newborns hate being cold.
What is Adobo?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Adobo (from Spanish adobar: “marinade,” “sauce” or “seasoning”) is a popular dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat, seafood, or vegetables marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic, which is browned in oil, and simmered in the marinade. It has sometimes been considered as the unofficial national dish in the Philippines.
If you mention Adobo, majority of Filipino knows how to cook them but every Island and Region have their own way of cooking this very popular dish. Honestly, this dish is not only known to Filipino people but also became very in demand to non Filipino. In our household, my son always ask me to cook it for him. It has been also one of my husband’s fave dish. Here in the States or anywhere abroad, it is hard to find Filipino ingredients, if you are not living in big cities. Since my son love the dish, he even call himself Adobo kid. It really touched me when he embraces my culture.So, I decided to share with you a video which I found on youtube on how to cook this mouthwatering dish.
Potty training can be an emotional time for both you and your child. The main thing you need to consider is whether your child is ready to be potty trained – if they are, then the entire process will be a lot easier, not to mention faster. When a child is ready to be potty trained will vary from child to child, and can be any age from 18 to 36 months.Keep in mind that every child develops at a different pace and it’s more important to look out for the following signs that he’s ready to potty train and not his age.If you think your child is ready, parent needs to be 100% committed, especially when doing it with a three-day potty training method. What does 100% committed mean? This means not going back or giving up due to frustration; period.
Potty Training Tips
- Schedule potty breaks – Setting a schedule can help turn potty time into a routine, which will help your child adjust to their new responsibility and help them to remember to go all by themselves. To start off, try picking two to three times a day when you will put your child on the potty and let them sit there for a few minutes.
getting your child comfortable with using the potty is often best to master urination sitting down, and then move to standing up after bowel training is complete.When you notice signs that your child might need to use the toilet such as squirming, squatting or holding the genital area ,respond quickly. Help your child become familiar with these signals, stop what he or she is doing, and head to the toilet.
- Let your child go-nappy free for an hour or two a day – I strongly recommend the technique of removing a child’s diaper and letting them run around the house naked for a couple of hours a day. They will enjoy the feeling, while also learning to recognize their body’s “need-to-go” signals, without the safety net of a diaper.Be aware that you will have accidents if you decide to use this method. But an accident (base on experience 5x) may just be what your child needs to realize the importance of using the potty. If it happens which it surely will, just clean it and be calm.Don’t act across or disappointed when it happen. Reassure your child that they’ll make it to the potty on time next time. If you scold them, they may become anxious about using the potty and start holding.
- Give Praise – always make your child feel good after going in the toilet, even after just sitting on the toilet. Give praise for every new step they are taking. Better to encourage than to discourage.
- Show your child how to wipe correctly and flush the toilet
- Remind your child to wash their hands after they use the potty
- Offer rewards for small successes
- Share the good news – A great way to encourage your child to take pride in using the potty, is to let them boast about it to a friend or family member. Make a big deal of them being able to tell Mommy or Daddy about how well they did with the potty when he or she comes home at the end of the day.
When your child is ready, progress to night training. When they are dry or fairly dry most days, your child may be ready for nap and night-training. If so, invest in some bed pads (you’ll want at least 3 so you can change them easily) and put one on top of the bottom sheet on your child’s bed. Look for the kind that have a soft layer on top and a plastic layer underneath. When that’s done, put the potty next to the bed when your child goes to bed or goes for a nap. Also, leave your child bedroom door open and encourage them to call you if they wake up needing to go. If they do, put them quickly on the potty and praise them for doing so well.
Over the course of the past several years, a revolutionary new fundraising method has emerged as a viable alternative to traditional lenders: crowdfunding. Originally developed to quickly raising capital for charitable causes and artistic projects, the JOBS Act of 2012 opened the door for equity crowdfunding. Crowdfunding is a global phenomenon, and has attracted funding for a lot of purposes. Crowdfunding is more-likely an Internet-enabled way for businesses, people, or other organizations to raise money in the form of either donations or investments from multiple people.Some notable examples include the aforementioned Fundable, as well as AngelList, OneVest, and GoFundMe.Meanwhile, GoFundMe is the most popular platform used by many. GoFundMe allows people to raise money for events ranging from life events such as celebrations and graduations to challenging circumstances like accidents and illnesses.Damphousse and Ballester created the website under the name “CreateAFund” in 2008 but later changed the name to GoFundMe after making many upgrades to the features of the website.
With traditional banks less willing to lend, most people like entrepreneur started to look elsewhere for capital.Crowdfunding became the ideal solution to fund start-up capital or paying out debts.Even when a great business idea exists it is not a necessary that the donations will pour in automatically. There needs to be a properly prepare campaign to generate and support interest in the project. It is a good idea to spend some time and effort to assess potential interest in the project before officially asking for funds.Trust does not just happen , it is a socially mediated phenomenon which relies in great part on the intrinsic trust people place in shared connections on social networks, community affinities, and the ratings of others on trusted, mainstream websites. Social media such as “Facebook and Twitter ” mostly became the leverage to attract people, family, and friends directing to the crowdfunding site.When it comes to business ,crowdfunding represents a myriad of exciting opportunities for the businesses who that use equity-based platforms, because it allows qualified investors to pool their resources.
Relationships that are ‘connecting’ and allow for collaboration appear
to offer children a wealth of interpersonal closeness that supports
the development of many domains, including social,
emotional, and cognitive functioning.
Daniel J. Siegel, 2001
Nothing works better than connecting with your child.The type of relationship you build with your child is what guides them throughout their life. Children learn by following the examples set by adults around them and from their experience of their own relationship with their parents. Parents can feel tired, ill, and stressed or angry and so can children. Children often cannot tell us how they are feeling but instead “act out” their feelings through their behaviors. When parents are under pressure themselves, it is more difficult to take the time to work out what your child is trying to tell you. Parents may often just react to the behavior.
If a parent cannot keep calm, they owe it to their child to take care of themselves first and be responsible for their own feelings. This also teaches children that feelings are okay and can change if given time, attention and kindness. Defiance or tantrums are their way of communication that your children need your help to understand what it is they don’t yet know. Possibilities that they might be overwhelmed, tired, hormonal and can’t clearly express what is happening for them.
Here are 5 simple Tips on how to manage Anger in order to avoid yelling at your kids.
- Make yourself a comforting warm drink.
- Walk around the house or go outside.
- Investigate stress management options such as yoga, meditation or regular exercise.
- Learn about child development, so that you can better understand and anticipate your child’s behavior.
- Seek professional advice from parents hotline, psychologist or counselors.
Remember that listening deeply to a child in distress greatly increases the child’s sense of safety and connection. Having a great relationship with your child helps them keep on the right track in the future to succeed.