What is Adobo?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Adobo (from Spanish adobar: “marinade,” “sauce” or “seasoning”) is a popular dish and cooking process in Philippine cuisine that involves meat, seafood, or vegetables marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic, which is browned in oil, and simmered in the marinade. It has sometimes been considered as the unofficial national dish in the Philippines.
If you mention Adobo, majority of Filipino knows how to cook them but every Island and Region have their own way of cooking this very popular dish. Honestly, this dish is not only known to Filipino people but also became very in demand to non Filipino. In our household, my son always ask me to cook it for him. It has been also one of my husband’s fave dish. Here in the States or anywhere abroad, it is hard to find Filipino ingredients, if you are not living in big cities. Since my son love the dish, he even call himself Adobo kid. It really touched me when he embraces my culture.So, I decided to share with you a video which I found on youtube on how to cook this mouthwatering dish.
Potty training can be an emotional time for both you and your child. The main thing you need to consider is whether your child is ready to be potty trained – if they are, then the entire process will be a lot easier, not to mention faster. When a child is ready to be potty trained will vary from child to child, and can be any age from 18 to 36 months.Keep in mind that every child develops at a different pace and it’s more important to look out for the following signs that he’s ready to potty train and not his age.If you think your child is ready, parent needs to be 100% committed, especially when doing it with a three-day potty training method. What does 100% committed mean? This means not going back or giving up due to frustration; period.
Potty Training Tips
- Schedule potty breaks – Setting a schedule can help turn potty time into a routine, which will help your child adjust to their new responsibility and help them to remember to go all by themselves. To start off, try picking two to three times a day when you will put your child on the potty and let them sit there for a few minutes.
getting your child comfortable with using the potty is often best to master urination sitting down, and then move to standing up after bowel training is complete.When you notice signs that your child might need to use the toilet such as squirming, squatting or holding the genital area ,respond quickly. Help your child become familiar with these signals, stop what he or she is doing, and head to the toilet.
- Let your child go-nappy free for an hour or two a day – I strongly recommend the technique of removing a child’s diaper and letting them run around the house naked for a couple of hours a day. They will enjoy the feeling, while also learning to recognize their body’s “need-to-go” signals, without the safety net of a diaper.Be aware that you will have accidents if you decide to use this method. But an accident (base on experience 5x) may just be what your child needs to realize the importance of using the potty. If it happens which it surely will, just clean it and be calm.Don’t act across or disappointed when it happen. Reassure your child that they’ll make it to the potty on time next time. If you scold them, they may become anxious about using the potty and start holding.
- Give Praise – always make your child feel good after going in the toilet, even after just sitting on the toilet. Give praise for every new step they are taking. Better to encourage than to discourage.
- Show your child how to wipe correctly and flush the toilet
- Remind your child to wash their hands after they use the potty
- Offer rewards for small successes
- Share the good news – A great way to encourage your child to take pride in using the potty, is to let them boast about it to a friend or family member. Make a big deal of them being able to tell Mommy or Daddy about how well they did with the potty when he or she comes home at the end of the day.
When your child is ready, progress to night training. When they are dry or fairly dry most days, your child may be ready for nap and night-training. If so, invest in some bed pads (you’ll want at least 3 so you can change them easily) and put one on top of the bottom sheet on your child’s bed. Look for the kind that have a soft layer on top and a plastic layer underneath. When that’s done, put the potty next to the bed when your child goes to bed or goes for a nap. Also, leave your child bedroom door open and encourage them to call you if they wake up needing to go. If they do, put them quickly on the potty and praise them for doing so well.
Over the course of the past several years, a revolutionary new fundraising method has emerged as a viable alternative to traditional lenders: crowdfunding. Originally developed to quickly raising capital for charitable causes and artistic projects, the JOBS Act of 2012 opened the door for equity crowdfunding. Crowdfunding is a global phenomenon, and has attracted funding for a lot of purposes. Crowdfunding is more-likely an Internet-enabled way for businesses, people, or other organizations to raise money in the form of either donations or investments from multiple people.Some notable examples include the aforementioned Fundable, as well as AngelList, OneVest, and GoFundMe.Meanwhile, GoFundMe is the most popular platform used by many. GoFundMe allows people to raise money for events ranging from life events such as celebrations and graduations to challenging circumstances like accidents and illnesses.Damphousse and Ballester created the website under the name “CreateAFund” in 2008 but later changed the name to GoFundMe after making many upgrades to the features of the website.
With traditional banks less willing to lend, most people like entrepreneur started to look elsewhere for capital.Crowdfunding became the ideal solution to fund start-up capital or paying out debts.Even when a great business idea exists it is not a necessary that the donations will pour in automatically. There needs to be a properly prepare campaign to generate and support interest in the project. It is a good idea to spend some time and effort to assess potential interest in the project before officially asking for funds.Trust does not just happen , it is a socially mediated phenomenon which relies in great part on the intrinsic trust people place in shared connections on social networks, community affinities, and the ratings of others on trusted, mainstream websites. Social media such as “Facebook and Twitter ” mostly became the leverage to attract people, family, and friends directing to the crowdfunding site.When it comes to business ,crowdfunding represents a myriad of exciting opportunities for the businesses who that use equity-based platforms, because it allows qualified investors to pool their resources.